Friday 30 January 2009

Cleaning up the streets

Good old Lichfield District Council have prosecuted a woman for dropping litter. One of my pet hates so I'm more than pleased to see them getting tough.

Whether or not it's the most pressing concern the city has is debatable, but from small acorns large oaks grow.

I do wonder whether their anti-litter stance fits around their bin collection scheme though. After all we have green bins with no lids when it comes to recycling. This means that if you leave your green boxes out on a windy night you can play a game of 'guess whose rubbish?' as the plastic bottles and paper blows around the street.

Perhaps some consistency of thought my be in order?

2 comments:

  1. The question I have is if this is the first prosecution by Lichfield D.C where someone has ended up in court? Does everyone usually cough up for the fixed penalty fine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lichfield DC - over to you...

    ReplyDelete